victual - (n) food fit for human consumption
trifection - (n) perfection times 3

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Mama's Fudge

Mama's Fudge

1 can evaporated milk
1 cube butter
4 cups sugar
Cook over medium heat and boil for 7 minutes (stirring constantly)
Remove from heat and stir in:
1 bag of chocolate chips
2 (8 oz) large hershey's bars
1 jar marshmallow cream
2 tsps vanilla
Nuts**if you want
Spread in buttered pan and let cool. Too easy! Too delicious. Too good to make more than once a year. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted this. It makes the best fudge I have ever had.

    Although, I am a dark chocolate lover so there is one thing I have altered over the years. Instead of the Hershey bar, I substitute Ghirardelli 60% cocoa (bittersweet) chocolate chips. (I also use the Ghirardelli chips for the chocolate chips, but you have to watch, most chocolate chips are in 12 oz bags, Girardelli are 10 oz. So, I just measure it all out by weight. Total is 28 oz)

    Also, I am a nut lover and our favorite nuts in this are roasted pecans. To roast the nuts, simply spread them on a baking sheet and stick them in a 300-325 degree oven until they are fragrant. (5-10 min)

    Oh, and one other thing we did with them for the first time this past Christmas is that put a light sprinkling of finely ground sea salt on the top before they cooled completely. Loved this!

    Oh, this is soooo gooooood!

    ReplyDelete