victual - (n) food fit for human consumption
trifection - (n) perfection times 3

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

cheese crusted quesadillas

Yesterday, I was making quesadillas for lunch (which is a very common occurance in our house) and I was musing about how much I like the crispy cheese the falls out and fries on the hot griddle.  Then it hit me - this should be utilized, oh, could it possibly work if I crusted the whole quesadilla with it?!


I wasn't sure that it would really work but it was fantastic and easy.  I just made the quesadilla like normal (I like mine simple - a whole grain tortilla, refried beans and grated cheese, after it is cooked sometimes I will open it and put some cilantro and tomatoes or fresh salsa) then after I flipped it for the first time (so the newly browned side is up) I sprinkled it with some grated cheese and let it melt a little on the hot tortilla while the other side cooked.  I flipped it again,carefully, when the other side was done and enjoyed the sound of the sizzle while I sprinkled more cheese on the just cooked side.  When the sizzling died down I flipped again and drooled.

Can I just say yum!!  Oh, so very yum!!  It stayed crispy and was totally delicious.  So, yes, I made it for lunch again today, and I wouldn't be surprised if I do it again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. yum... Preston was telling me the other day how much he loves doing this. He said when we were first married he used to see that I was spilling the cheese out of the quesadilla and was concerned about it--but then I was like... no, no, no... frying the cheeese... YUM! That is a beautiful pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that jane uses her sandwich maker to do this. One slice of bread, cheese on top, smashed in the sandwich maker and WALLAH - yummy cheese bread....

    ReplyDelete